Welcome to PAAJAF, an NGO geared towards growing a community in which the impoverished children in the Gbawe sector of Accra can flourish and the needy can receive aid from our kind-hearted and generous donors.
- › Only one public school for a population of 44,000
- › Eager children unable to go school due to lack of funds
- › Lack of proper health care
- › Lack of funds that could assist Gbawe’s entrepreneurs
- › Lack of a good library
We have come a long way from those dismal times. Thanks to collaborations with the Sinapi Aba Trust, Worldreader, GlobalGiving, MacEwan University Global Education Fund, United Nation Volunteers among others, we have been able to:
- › Provide Gbawe’s adults with an entrepreneurial mind, micro-loans to help them start their petty trades and businesses
- › Establish the PAAJAF Education Institute (PEI), a scholarship school that provides individual attention from pre-school to primary school children as well as adult literacy education
- › Developed a library within PEI where children can read books
- › Provide 35 Kindle E-readers (as of August 2016) for the children
- › Enroll more children in PEI
- › Obtain a PEI bus
- › Build a scholarship program for the children
- › Enhance the PEI library with additions, such as laptops and more E-readers
- › Grow PEI to include schooling for secondary school students, and eventually, university-level students
- › Provide proper healthcare services to children and their parents
PEI kids are now back to school! The school re-opened on September 5, 2017. During this period (5th – 8th ) both teachers and the students were preparing to begin academic lessons. Teachers guide the students to revise some of the lessons taught in their previous...
A big thanks goes to all our supporters for their valuable contribution. In the academic year of 2016 to 2017 various classes on interesting topics were included in the curriculum. The following are some of the topics – The Kindergarten children had classes on...
I enjoy a full scholarship from PEI. I read and write good English. Because of PEI, my parents do not have to worry about paying my fees. I am proud of my school. God bless PEI. I am six years old student at PEI. Thank you, PEI Supporters.
My objective as a teacher in the PEI is to ensure a great development in learning among children. Since my stay in the PEI I have helped various children in the creche to enriched their ability to speak by involving them in daily listening and speaking activities...
Are you looking for a great organisation to volunteer for? You’ve found it! PAAJAF gives global volunteers a world of opportunity. As a PAAJAF volunteer, you can help women and children in Ghana rise out of poverty. Join us in our fight against poverty and...
How you can help