PAAJAF is an organization aimed at improving children’s lives and to build up their future. As I am very passionate about fundraising activities PAAJAF allowed me to volunteer in this field from March 13, 2009 – April 30, 2009
- Have you ever volunteered to PAAJAF before either online or onsite? No
- Briefly describe your volunteer daily duties
My main duties involved research of grants that fell into PAAJAFs objectives in order to bring financial support to the actions and activities of the organisation.
- What satisfactions did you get as a volunteer of PAAJAF?
The fact that I knew I was a part of a project helping children and that my assistance had a positive effect on them. Having met very good people, starting with Mr. Philip Appiah and also the whole fundraising team worked together across all the activities.
- What difficulties did you face during your volunteering period at PAAJAF?
Mostly, the fact that sometimes things were not accessible for me to perform my role and complete the activities required. Apart from that, the collaboration with the organization was close to perfect.
- Describe some of the good things about volunteering for PAAJAF?
I would say – getting to know more about Ghana; the possibility of performing different functions on the same project; writing proposals; getting in touch with volunteer colleagues from across the world.
- Describe some of the things that could be improved to make PAAJAF a better place?
Definition of priorities in terms of projects
- If you were to volunteer again would you come to PAAJAF?
Yes I would. PAAJAF is a strong organization that goes against all odds and has managed to despite the difficulties, always make changes based on its ongoing circumstances. This is because the organization has a strong leadership and a group of committed individuals. I am very thankful for having had the opportunity to collaborate with PAAJAF.
- Timotheos Mavropoulos