On-site Volunteer Cost
Volunteers incur small cost on placement since PAAJAF does not have sponsor at this moment. This will be waiving out as soon as we receive sponsor to place volunteers. Your cost now depends on the length of your stay and your accommodation preference. However, below is a general break-down of the costs.
Volunteers may incur the following costs:
- Air-port pick-up and drop-off – $90
- Orientation tour of Accra (Independence square, National Theater etc.) – $100 (optional)
- Pre-departure handbook (free – you will receive it by e-mail before departure)
- One night – room with fan, running water, double bed, desk, generator, TV, fridge ($15) 31 Days = $15 @ 31 = $465 per month
- Food: budget for $13 per day breakfast and dinner
- Visa and plane ticket not provided
Volunteers can choose their accommodation preferences, and the volunteer fee will be paid accordingly.
One night cost of living with host family (room with bed, utility bills, use of bathroom and common space) ($9)
Food with host family (both breakfast and dinner) ($9)
*Additional compensation to host family may be incurred for stay, depending on time-frame.
The hotel, Citizen Kwasi Hotel, is located in the Gbawe community, in walking distance from the PAAJAF base and many schools. It has been selected upon suggestion of a project visitor from the UK.
One night – room with fan, running water, double bed, desk, generator, TV, fridge ($15)
One night – room with fan, AC, running water, double bed, desk, generator, TV, fridge – ($20)
We can also organize a day or overnight trip for you to Kakum National Park and Cape Coast castle and other tourist areas. The cost of this can be discussed upon arrival.
We have set-up the Exchange Programme Fund for those who want to volunteer at PAAJAF but don’t have funds. Interested volunteers can fundraise through our website and the amount raised will be used to take care of accommodation and food for staying in Ghana and 15% of fundraise goes to the development project you want to support.