I jointly conducted a study with Juliet Yayera Afua, a teacher in Gbawe and was disturbed about the findings
I jointly conducted a study with Juliet Yayera Afua, a teacher in Gbawe and was disturbed about our findings
10 years ago, I jointly conducted a study with Juliet Yayera Afua, a teacher in Gbawe and was disturbed by the following findings:
- › Only one public school for a population of 44,000
- › Eager children unable to go school due to lack of funds
- › Lack of proper health care
- › Lack of funds that could assist Gbawe’s entrepreneurs
- › Lack of a good library
We have come a long way from those dismal times. Thanks to collaborations with the Sinapi Aba Trust, Worldreader, GlobalGiving, MacEwan University Global Education Fund, United Nation Volunteers among others, we have been able to:
- › Provide Gbawe’s adults with an entrepreneurial mind, micro-loans to help them start their petty trades and businesses
- › Establish the PAAJAF Education Institute (PEI), a scholarship school that provides individual attention from pre-school to primary school children as well as adult literacy education
- › Developed a library within PEI where children can read books
- › Provide 35 Kindle E-readers (as of August 2016) for the children
The future looks strong and uplifting. With the continued support of our sponsors as well as individual donors we are striving to:
- › Enroll more children in PEI
- › Obtain a PEI bus
- › Build a scholarship program for the children
- › Enhance the PEI library with additions, such as laptops and more E-readers
- › Grow PEI to include schooling for secondary school students, and eventually, university-level students
- › Provide proper healthcare services to children and their parents
welcome you to join us and help shape our future. Learn about OUR PROJECTS and help us support Gbawe’s children in achieving their dreams, one child at a time.
She’s a Sunrise. She lit the path we walk on. She’s a star, a bright star. She’s strong, brave, bold, energetic, mild, caring, and understanding. She’s emerald, a beauty to behold. She is a WOMAN. As a woman, my objective is to educate women in entrepreneurship. ...
GREETINGS From the PEI administration, we send our heartfelt greetings to all our students, staff, parents, and communities – both local and international. Once again, we thank the Almighty God for His protection and welcome you all to our weekly update at PAAJAF...
GREETINGS Once again, we express gratitude towards our Almighty God, and welcome all our students, staff, parents, community, and international friends to the 7th week of the second academic term. Following our weekly routine, we now bring you an update on the 6th...
Greetings As per our scheduled activities, PEI was to go RED on February 14, 2019. By the grace of God, the day arrived at last, and PEI went Red! The Story As a morally-inclined institution that seeks to nurture children into responsible citizens of the future, we go...
GREETINGS To our Almighty God, we appreciate you for your protection and thank you for the lives of our pupils and taking us through the 5th Week which just ended last Friday, 8th February 2019. As it has become our routine every week to share our stories with our...
How you can help