I jointly conducted a study with Juliet Yayera Afua, a teacher in Gbawe and was disturbed about the findings
I jointly conducted a study with Juliet Yayera Afua, a teacher in Gbawe and was disturbed about our findings
10 years ago, I jointly conducted a study with Juliet Yayera Afua, a teacher in Gbawe and was disturbed by the following findings:
- › Only one public school for a population of 44,000
- › Eager children unable to go school due to lack of funds
- › Lack of proper health care
- › Lack of funds that could assist Gbawe’s entrepreneurs
- › Lack of a good library
We have come a long way from those dismal times. Thanks to collaborations with the Sinapi Aba Trust, Worldreader, GlobalGiving, MacEwan University Global Education Fund, United Nation Volunteers among others, we have been able to:
- › Provide Gbawe’s adults with an entrepreneurial mind, micro-loans to help them start their petty trades and businesses
- › Establish the PAAJAF Education Institute (PEI), a scholarship school that provides individual attention from pre-school to primary school children as well as adult literacy education
- › Developed a library within PEI where children can read books
- › Provide 35 Kindle E-readers (as of August 2016) for the children
The future looks strong and uplifting. With the continued support of our sponsors as well as individual donors we are striving to:
- › Enroll more children in PEI
- › Obtain a PEI bus
- › Build a scholarship program for the children
- › Enhance the PEI library with additions, such as laptops and more E-readers
- › Grow PEI to include schooling for secondary school students, and eventually, university-level students
- › Provide proper healthcare services to children and their parents
welcome you to join us and help shape our future. Learn about OUR PROJECTS and help us support Gbawe’s children in achieving their dreams, one child at a time.
Prevent Unemployment in Gbawe Ghana In places like Gbawe Ghana, where the majority of the population is living in poverty, unemployment is a huge issue. In fact, according to The African Centre for Economic Transformation (ACET), in 2016 an estimated 48% of all of...
organizations that help children in Gbawe Ghana Limited Resources for Children in Gbawe Ghana Gbawe Ghana is a very rural community whose population is mostly made up of families who live in extreme poverty. This extreme poverty makes it very difficult for children...
child hunger crisis appeal Not having access to enough food is a real issue in places like Gbawe Ghana where most of the population is mired in poverty. While there are many other pressing issues in these communities, hunger is one of the most dangerous. In many...
Protect children living on streets in Gbawe Ghana Gbawe is a town in the Greater Accra region of southeastern Ghana near the capital Accra and a decent amount of its population come under the category if children, out of which, unfortunately, some children live...
Stand Up for childrens rights Like the earth born out of a bright star to be our home planet Earth, children were born to be our luminous torches. A personification of hope, children are the future of this billions of years old planet. I can’t look at a child without...
How you can help