Welcome to PAAJAF, an NGO geared towards growing a community in which the impoverished children in the Gbawe sector of Accra can flourish and the needy can receive aid from our kind-hearted and generous donors.
- › Only one public school for a population of 44,000
- › Eager children unable to go school due to lack of funds
- › Lack of proper health care
- › Lack of funds that could assist Gbawe’s entrepreneurs
- › Lack of a good library
We have come a long way from those dismal times. Thanks to collaborations with the Sinapi Aba Trust, Worldreader, GlobalGiving, MacEwan University Global Education Fund, United Nation Volunteers among others, we have been able to:
- › Provide Gbawe’s adults with an entrepreneurial mind, micro-loans to help them start their petty trades and businesses
- › Establish the PAAJAF Education Institute (PEI), a scholarship school that provides individual attention from pre-school to primary school children as well as adult literacy education
- › Developed a library within PEI where children can read books
- › Provide 35 Kindle E-readers (as of August 2016) for the children
- › Enroll more children in PEI
- › Obtain a PEI bus
- › Build a scholarship program for the children
- › Enhance the PEI library with additions, such as laptops and more E-readers
- › Grow PEI to include schooling for secondary school students, and eventually, university-level students
- › Provide proper healthcare services to children and their parents
Protect children living on streets in Gbawe Ghana Gbawe is a town in the Greater Accra region of southeastern Ghana near the capital Accra and a decent amount of its population come under the category if children, out of which, unfortunately, some children live...
Stand Up for childrens rights Like the earth born out of a bright star to be our home planet Earth, children were born to be our luminous torches. A personification of hope, children are the future of this billions of years old planet. I can’t look at a child without...
A most common phrase heard all around the world is that no one gives you anything, you have to earn it or that no one helped me or gave me a handout, I just put myself in the position to be noticed. Perhaps people say this to encourage others, especially the younger...
The Republic of Ghana situated in the sub-region of West Africa accommodates as much as 25,009,153 (December 2013 est) humans out of which 22.8% of individuals fall under the 0-14 years of age category who are also called children otherwise. According to UNICEF almost...
Brighter Than a Candle Death is a part of life, and the ceremonial traditions, both old and new, are matters of dear importance to us. When a life is snuffed out, we pore over the passages to read, we plan the celebration of life, the pretty design of the coffin, but...
How you can help