We’re really pleased you’re thinking of raising money to help fight poverty and improve the lives of children, youth and women in Ghana.
Fundraising is very rewarding and a great educational tool for children to learn global citizenship skills, and become inspired to make a fairer world. Because of this investment of your energy and time, we want you to feel like part of our team. We’re in this together. We want our success to be your success.
We’ve added this free resources page because raising money should be fun! The best fundraising ideas are doing the things you are passionate about, be it running, climbing, or baking to ‘raise the dough’ – any simple action adds value to our work, and your donations big or small – make a HUGE difference in our children’s lives and empowers our community.
We also want you to know all the ways to contribute to our cause including volunteer opportunities for hands-on experience in Ghana, or take part in online volunteering in the comfort of your home or school!
Get Social – Tweet or Facebook
Set up a free fundraising page, a safe and secure way for your friends, family and colleagues to directly sponsor you.
Want to know more about our cause? Watch our videos and Share them with your friend.
University fundraising and volunteer opportunities
Our latest projects need your donations and input. Your contribution will give you valuable marketing and business skills, which looks great on your CV! We’ll also send you a certificate of appreciation and thank you letter. We proudly mobilize online volunteers through the UNV Online Volunteering service – sign up today. You can also email your online volunteer forms to us at email@example.com
High School Fundraising ideas and volunteer opportunities:
Want to take a gap year abroad? Learn more about us and opportunities to help us, with some fun ideas to raise funds to help others. Get together with friends and start a project!
Primary School Fundraising ideas:
We’ve put together some fun and simple ideas for primary school kids to take on as a class project. This includes details of our projects, and how to choose a child and be their advocate, sponsor and friend.
Global citizenship and world issues can enhance a student’s learning experience. Here we provide a list of external websites with free teaching resources that bring a world of knowledge to your classroom. These can be used in the classroom in support of the curriculum.
We also want to help schools and teachers to be our advocates learn more here.
Primary and Secondary Education:
- NatGeoEd.org has rich and diverse resources that have enormous potential to support learning.
- WikiEducator – Wiki are turning the digital divide into digital dividends using free content and open … Please join us in developing free and open educational content for the world!
- WatchKnowLearn – Free Educational Videos for K-12 Students and Free K-12 educational videos. Tens of thousands of excellent, educational videos in a huge, intuitive directory. Organized, reviewed and rated.
- OER Commons (Open Educational Resources) are teaching and learning materials freely available … Find Free-to-Use Teaching and Learning Content from Around the World
- Thinkfinity content is designed to help integrate economic concepts across the curriculum
- Education.com has information for pre-school and k-8
- Khanacademy.org – learn almost anything for free
- Teacher Network Guardian Newspaper UK – search Ghana for Key Stage 1 and 2 resources
- Global SchoolNet.org - opportunities for teachers and students around the world to collaborate on international based projects.
- IEEE Signal Processing Society It is housed on a section of Connexions, a provider of free educational content. The peer-reviewed lessons can be downloaded by instructors for their engineering courses, as well as by students and practicing engineers
- Free Online Course Materials | MIT OpenCourseWare is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.
- Oxford Journals –